Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This summer




I have been teaching chinese national girls college level writing. They are only in the 6th grade and are aleady getting ready for the SATS! They are a hoot and say things like "ms. Mason, don't you think it is ironic that your name is Mason and you teach at George Mason University"? Why yes I do! This is my last week, I have enjoyed myself. Our classes last 3 hours a day in Fairfax county and we sure do write a lot. Here are some pics...

On the last day of class they all gave me letters thanking me for what they learned. My favorite was from my star student Lucia. She wrote "Dear Ms. Mason, thanks for teaching us about college and writing effectively. Also thanks for teaching us about WWII and especially Adolph Hitler. Thanks for the doughnuts. "

Ahhhhh....you can't go wrong in a class of 11 year olds when you incorporate Hitler and douhnuts seamlessly into one session. Top them apples!

PS Arent they adorable?

No comments: