Thursday, June 26, 2008

Catching up








Since I last wrote Jason and I went to NYC with his documentary fellows. We had a blast (pics to follow). It was great catching up with Shawn and JOhnny and Hoak and Bill and of course Irene! We had a hoot at the gallery and a three piece brass band walked in off the street and we started to dance. Then, Jason came in and everyone got to spend soem time with him. I think he enjoyed meeting my friends. I met with my dissertataion director and there is more work on the horizon.
I am set to be teaching at BOTH American University and George Mason University in the fall. I am really excited. I am good at teaching in literature and writing departments.

Silverdocs has also come and went. Jason and I really took in the films. We saw at tops 3-4 movies in one day----for days on end. He got to "geek out" over films, which was really cute to watch and I was happy for him to have tohe opportunity. I met a bunch of cool folks who made me wish that I: 1. still worked in the industry 2. made movies 3. lived in NYC still. C'est la vie. I sold one of my paintings while in NYC. There are still 2 left in the series if anyone is interested.

No comments: